Welcome to Osanis
Whether you are searching for specific services or just exploring what is available, we welcome you to Osanis.
Provide services to children, youth and adults living with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, developmental disabilities, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, acquired brain injury and chronic illnesses, as well as their families, caregivers and support staff. Also, provide organizational development services to groups and organizations in the social services field.
Facilitate services that are tailored to the unique circumstances of each client, in a manner that is consistent with the client’s abilities, beliefs system, cultural practices and goals, and with the core intention to support the client’s rights for safety, wellbeing, dignity and self-determination.
Our clients will find our services useful because we will work together with them to establish the best action plans to fit their unique circumstances.
We are committed to offering support to our clients that is respectful of their personal beliefs and cultural values and lifestyles.View all
With many successful years behind us, our clients will find our services delivery practices competent.
At all times, we will work with our clients in a friendly manner.
By focusing our assistance on building upon their individual strengths and wisdom, our clients will find our services empowering.
With a client-directed approach, our main goal is to help our clients work towards their individual goals in ways that are favourable to their strengths, needs, preferences and values.
Our clients will find our services honest because we will let them know in our first contact whether we have the knowledge and practical experience to properly assist them in addressing their issues of concern.
We are dedicated to making every reasonable effort to try to provide services that are affordable to our clients’ unique financial situations.
Our clients will find our services dependable because if we discover that we do not have the right knowledge and practical experience to help them in addressing their issues of concern, we will find them someone who can properly assist.
Osanis is committed to interacting with each client and facilitating services in a manner that acknowledges and promotes every person’s intrinsic rights for safety, wellbeing, dignity and self-determination.
Osanis is committed to providing services in accordance with:
- British Columbia Social Workers Act
- British Columbia College of Social Workers Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- British Columbia Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics
- Canadian Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics
- Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada
- Community Living British Columbia Standards for Service
- Ministry of Children and Family Development Standards for Service
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
Anti-Oppressive and Inclusive Environment
Osanis is committed to:
- Interacting with each client in a manner that acknowledges and respects their age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religious affiliation, place of birth, socio-economic location, level of education, abilities, political views, lifestyle and cultural practices.
- Making every reasonable effort to learn as much as possible about, and adapt services to, every client’s unique worldview.
All our clients:
- Possess innate wisdom and inherent worth.
- Have intrinsic rights for human safety, wellbeing, dignity and self-determination.
- Have innate abilities for self-identifying their goals.
- Have the basic right to receive skilled and qualified services.
Osanis is committed to acknowledging and integrating in all its services the following influences:
- Living as a visitor on First Nations territory.
- The wisdom, culture and traditions of the different First Nations Peoples.
- Local knowledge, culture and resources of Vancouver Island.
Developing and maintaining partnerships with individuals, groups, organizations and services that advocate for, and facilitate, the advancement of the lives of children, youth, vulnerable adults, seniors and marginalized groups within the frameworks of social justice and anti-oppressive practices.
Osanis is committed to providing services in an efficient and cost effective manner with the uttermost sense of accountability and honesty in the use of funds provided by funding agents for the benefit of every client.
Core Service Delivery Practices
Osanis supports the freedom of all persons involved with the client to express their views connected with their relationship to the client.
Osanis encourages all persons involved with the client to look for ways to work together for the sake of the client’s rights for safety, wellbeing, dignity and self-determination.View all
Osanis does everything possible to maximize opportunities for collaborative multidisciplinary practices.
Osanis does everything possible to maximize opportunities for working within an inclusive environment, as well as minimize risk factors for operating in ways that are oppressive and discriminatory.
Osanis does everything possible to maximize opportunities for everyone to be welcome to access Osanis services regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religious affiliation, place of birth, socio-economic location, level of education, abilities, political views, lifestyle and cultural practices.
Osanis does everything possible to provide support and encouragement to all its clients by encouraging them to establish their own goals and to fully participate in the development of action plans that are built upon their own personal beliefs, cultural practices and abilities.
Osanis supports the premise that professional knowledge is complete only when theory, research and practice are interdependent and interactive.
Osanis does everything possible to ensure that its service delivery practices are evidence-based on knowledge provided by relevant theory and research.